Junior Landcare Privacy Notice
Landcare Australia Limited (Landcare Australia) ABN 63 008 656 513 is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information. This website Privacy Notice explains our policy for dealing with personal information that we collect through our website under the domain name “landcareonline.com” (LandcareOnline).
Throughout this Privacy Notice, we refer to your “personal information” which means information which identifies you as an individual or from which your identity can be reasonably ascertained. Your home address and home telephone number are examples of personal information.
We will post any changes to this LandcareOnline Privacy Notice on LandcareOnline, so we encourage you to check this LandcareOnline Privacy Notice from time to time.
In addition to the provisions of this LandcareOnline Privacy Notice, there may also be specific and additional privacy provisions that apply to certain sections of LandcareOnline. Because those specific and additional provisions also relate to your privacy protection, we recommend that you review them wherever they appear.
In the event of an inconsistency between the provisions of this LandcareOnline Privacy Notice and those other specific and additional provisions, the specific and additional provisions will prevail.
The information about you which we may collect through LandcareOnline includes any messages or comments you submit to us via LandcareOnline. This includes:
- any messages or comments you submit to Landcare Australia;
- any details you provide to us as part of an application for sponsorship or project funding;
- any messages or comments you email us which may include personal information such as your name and email address;
- information collected when you register as an Individual or as a Group on the National Landcare Directory or Volunteers Wanted forms;
- information collected when you participate in an online survey;
- your email address if you subscribe to our newsletters or mailing lists; and
- history of donations, correspondence and other interactions with Landcare Australia Limited including personal opinions.
In common with many commercial websites we may also collect aggregated information which tells us about visitors to LandcareOnline but not the identity of those visitors. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of LandcareOnline are most commonly accessed. This information is used by us to help to administer and improve LandcareOnline.
You may browse through information-only areas of LandcareOnline without providing any personal information to us. However, we may not be able to provide the full range of services through LandcareOnline if we are not provided with the information outlined above.
All transcations will be processed in AUD$ (Australian Dollar). Online donations are made through Westpac’s PayWay system. PayWay is a simple, secure, internet-based solution to collect and manage donations. The PayWay website is secured with VeriSign and displays the VeriSign seal. Landcare Australia Limited is committed to protecting the privacy of the information held about its supporters, volunteers, donors and personnel.
Landcare Australia Limited has a policy that a donations can not be refunded once a tax receipt has been issued.
Use and disclosure of information collected
We will only use or disclose personal information that we collect through LandcareOnline, the National Landcare Directory, or by email:
- in accordance with this LandcareOnline Privacy Notice; and
- where you have consented to the use or disclosure; and
- for the main purpose(s) for which we collected it, or for related purposes which you would reasonably expect, which may include:
- subject to the Privacy Act 1988, to provide you with information relating to Landcare Australia or promotional details about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless you have previously advised us that you do not wish to be contacted for those purposes;
- purposes related to Landcare Australia’s research (including market research), planning, service development, security, testing and risk management;
- purposes connected with the operation, administration, development or enhancement of LandcareOnline;
- where a third party acquires, or wishes to acquire, an interest in Landcare Australia;
- to third parties to whom we would usually disclose that personal information, which may include:
- our service providers who assist us in providing LandcareOnline and our products and services (for example internet and technology service providers, and our auditors, mail houses and delivery companies);
- organisations with whom we have co-promotional arrangements (and any agents used in administering such arrangements); and
- local Landcare Australia co-ordinators and project managers and other parties who assist us in running Landcare Australia projects or sponsorship activities.
How we handle email and “Contact Us” messages
Landcare Australia may preserve the content of any email or “Contact us” or other electronic message that we receive. Any personal information contained in those messages will only be used or disclosed in ways set out in this LandcareOnline Privacy Statement.
The message content may be monitored by our service providers or Landcare Australia employees for purposes including trouble shooting, compliance auditing and maintenance or where email abuse is suspected.
LandcareOnline may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you.
Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements.
We use a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as completely secure.
So while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access to information
If you wish to request access to any personal information which we hold about you as a result of our information collection practices outlined in this LandcareOnline Privacy Notice, please contact us using the “Contact details” set out below.
Please provide as much detail as you can about the particular information you seek, in order to help us retrieve it. An access fee may be charged to cover our costs of providing the information to you.
If you have any questions or feedback about privacy, or wish to make a complaint about the way in which we have handled your personal information, you may contact us as set out below:
Phone: (02) 9412 1040
Address: Level 1, 6 Help Street, Chatswood NSW 2067 Australia