Scouts Australia and Landcare Australia have a strong and long-running partnership, based on the common value of environmental sustainability.
Scouts can achieve a Landcare Badge, which encourages them to get involved in environmental activities in their community. In 2011, criteria to achieve the Landcare Badge award was changed to become easier and more accessible for scouts.
To be eligible for a Landcare Badge, scouts will have to do the following:
- Participate in any three nationally accredited environment events either supported or run by Landcare Australia (including Landcare Week, Planet Ark’s Tree Day, Keep Australia Beautiful and Clean Up Australia).
- In total scouts will only need to spend 10 hours on all three activities
- The three activities will need to be completed within a 12 month period.
- Scouts will have to register for their Landcare Badge with their local Scouts branch before starting these activities.
- Scouts who are members of a Landcare group only need to provide evidence they are regular volunteers or their membership to be awarded a Landcare badge.